CBD Oil has become incredibly popular with those who are looking for a natural alternative to prescription medications that can be quite dangerous. If you want to know where does CBD oil come from, this article can provide you with answers. This is a common question that a lot of people want to know, and it is important for a number of reasons.
The Hemp Plant
All CBD oil that is sold on the open mark comes from industrial-grade hemp plants, which are actually a variety of cannabis sativa. These hemp plants are grown all over the world to make this oil, but some environments are better than others. It is important to keep in mind that hemp plants are very different from cannabis or marijuana plants. While hemp plants do contain THC, there are only tiny trace amounts.
Is Cannabidiol Legal?
Lots of people mistakenly thing that Cannabidiol is illegal because they associate it with marijuana. The fact is that it is perfectly legal as long as it contains 0.3% THC or less. If any CBD oil product has more than this amount of THC, it would be considered illegal by the federal government. This is precisely why it is so important for you to check the THC content of each CBD oil product before deciding to get one in particular.
There are a few key terms that you will need to understand when trying to understand where CBD oil comes from.
Some of the terms you should know about include:
- Cannabinoid: A cannabinoid is just the family of chemicals that are found in the various cannabis plants. Each of these chemicals has a different effect on the human body. Some cannabinoids like THC are very psychoactive, while others like CBD are not at all. There are over 60 of these cannabinoids.
- THC: This is a cannabinoid and the active psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. It is what cases the “high” feeling for those who smoke it. CBD or Cannabidiol only contains minute traces of this particular compound.
- Psychoactive: The term “psychoactive” refers to chemicals that cause a “high” feeling, such as what you would experience when smoking marijuana. Not all psychoactive substances have the same effect though.
- Hemp: Hemp is a type of cannabis plant that is grown for industrial purposes, such as cloth, fuel, rope, paper, and of course hemp oil.
CBD Extraction Methods
There are a number of different methods that are used to get Cannabidiol from hemp plants. It is important that you learn about some of these methods before buying any of these oil products. Some extraction methods are more effective than others when it comes to getting potent CBD that can provide you with a plethora of benefits.
Some of these extraction methods include:
- CO2: The CO2 extraction method is by far the most effective and the best one overall. It involves the use of high pressure combined with low temperature and carbon dioxide. While it is fairly complicated and difficult to explain in simple terms, it is widely regarded as being the best way to get CBD from the hemp plant.
- Ethanol: There is also the ethanol method, which uses high grade grain alcohol. This method is not quite as effective as the CO2 extraction, but it can work well under the right circumstances. One of the downsides of this method is that it kills all of the plant waves, which are where a lot of the health benefits come from.
- Olive oil: Even something as basic as olive oil can be used to extract CBD from the hemp plant. It can be very tricky and doesn’t usually work all that well, but it is still possible. When you have olive oil that is infused with cannabis, you need to make a point of keeping it cool in a place without much light.
How Does CBD Work?
The actual CBD oil hemp plant is not psychoactive, but it does have a very real and positive impact on the body when it is ingested. It affects the endocannabinoid system in the body, which controls a person’s balance among other things. It also related to hunger, hormones, mood, sleep, and pain. This is the main reason why CBD has so many different benefits that are important for you to learn about.
When you consume CBD, your body get a boost of cannabinoids, which are receptors that help the endocannabinoid system to function properly. CBD also impacts parts of the brain that are responsible for producing dopamine and serotonin, which are two “feel good” chemicals. This why this particular compound can be so helpful when it comes to treating anxiety and depression.
CBD affects the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the brain, which play an crucial role in the body’s nervous system and immune system. This is why consuming this oil on a regular basis can help strengthen your ability to stay healthy for the long term.
Buying CBD Oil
There are a lot of important things to keep in mind when you are buying CBD oil, including the extraction method used to it. You should also take a look at the THC content and where the plants were grown. All of these are important factors that will determine the overall quality of the CBD oil. If you want to get your money’s worth, it is important that you take these things into consideration.
If you want to improve your overall health in a very noticeable way, CBD oil can help. It comes from the hemp plant, which is not the same as marijuana. It is only a type of cannabis plant, and there are many different kinds. The more you understand about this cannabis compound, the easier it will be to benefit from it. Lots of people with a variety of health problems have managed to improve their lives by taking CBD oil on a daily basis in one form or another.